The Caterina Marcus Foundation is a 501c3 non-profit corporation whose mission is to fund research and to help advance the cause to cure the various Mucopolysaccharidosis ("MPS") disorders. By funding research we hope to come closer to the development of treatments for these disorders and to eventually find a cure. In doing so, our ultimate goal is to alleviate the suffering of children and families battling those disorders and allow these children to experience longer, more productive lives.
- To become a leader in fundraising for research for these devastating disorders.
- To fund fellowships to top researchers on MPS disorders across the United States and throughout the world.
- To work together with leading support groups such as the MPS Society in channeling our funds towards the right research scientists.
- To become well-informed on the current issues facing all children with MPS syndromes, particularly those suffering from MPS-1, Hurler Syndrome.
- To raise awareness among the medical community for all MPS disorders.